Saturday, January 31, 2015

Oh-hey “Galavant”

Did you hear of the TV Show “Galavant”? Did you watch it? It was 8-part series. Each episode lasted for 22 minutes.

“Galavant” was a musical about a knight trying to “save” his true “love” from an “evil” king in Medieval England.  Yes, if you haven’t figured it out, it was a farce of medieval England, heroism, love, etc. It was ridiculously funny. Even Ricky Gervais made an appearance as a “wizard.”

Most of the actors were British; well, they had a British accent (which makes me British of course). And most of them sang. I found this show hilarious. I just enjoyed it for what it was. Music and songs were terrific. Great satire! Plus, acting was terrific. It was entertaining. I didn’t have to worry about thinking too much about it or take it too seriously or worry about a plot. Sure, I was rooting for Galavant (man, that guy is handsome), and I couldn’t wait for the next episode. It was something new, different, and refreshing. The show a bit reminded me of Shakespeare and over the top acting. Overall, the show was fun and enjoyable to watch.

But I heard that it might be cancelled because of low ratings? Huh? That would be unfortunate.  It was short; no other show is like this. So, if the show will be cancelled, then it only shows once more than American audience, in general, doesn’t understand art and entertainment. Sometimes, we don’t need to be scared, think about our heroes too much, and not worry that a murderer or politician will steal something from us. I hope there will be second season regardless of Nielsen Ratings.

You should see it to learn what entertainment is all about (if you don’t know), to see wonderful performances, and just enjoy a wonderful evening’s show without increasing your blood pressure, and go to sleep content and with a smile. I’ll say that I’ve slept much better after watching this TV show than all others with their intrigue and killings. I hope you will enjoy it, unless you saw it, as I did.  


If you saw it, what did you think about it? Share your comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment